UBC Theoretical Physics Homepage
Welcome to the UBC theoretical physics Web server, for users of
and other Web browsers.
Here you'll find some of the more useful hypertext
If you have a suggestion,
let us know.
Each piece of underlined text represents a link to more
information. Simply click on it to access it.
Here's an index to what we have right now:
- Lots of electronic
journals (at Brown U.)
- Physics Arxiv papers Repository:
- SISSA/Babbage W3 server
- SLAC services:
HEP preprints search
other SPIRES databases
- Particle Physics Handbook
- Physics Journals Online. Many of these may only be
accessible from a UBC computer as they are restricted to institutions
who already purchase institutional copies of the paper journal.
- APS (Phys. Rev family)
- AIP (many free journals)
- IOP (J. Phys family etc.)
- AAS (Astrophysical J.)
- Scholar's Protal Access via UBC Library to journals
of Academic Press, Elsevier Science,
Kluwer Publishers, Springer-Verlag, and Wiley Publishing
- Elsevier (can see lists
of all of their journals,
which for a price
can be obtained in an
electronic version, though
most are not on the
- Springer-Verlag (many journals, including the
Z. Phys. family
and Astronomy and Astrophysics
- currently offering free
electronic access during an
indeterminate testing period)
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society(Only Table of Contents and Letters available on line)
Net Advance of Physics
A general Physics Web server of variable quality-
giving introductions to a variety of Physics topics.
- As well as the above, we also have
HEP information), and there are oodles of
other organizations, too.
- HEPIC, the High Energy Physics
Information Center at Fermilab
- Quantum Rebel? Comments on New Scientist story
"Quantum Rebel" July 24 2004.
The Third Man
Locations in Vienna of the movie,
The Third Man
Titanic Disaster Lecture delived by Roy Brander on
the Titanic Disaster, with comparison with the Challenger disaster.
Address Problems to
The Web Master (email@example.com)
Originally from the electronic pen of
Steve Braham (firstname.lastname@example.org)